Image Map

Friday, June 24, 2011

HAIR TUTORIAL: Weave & Curls

This tutorial is long overdue. I previously promised to post a tutorial of this look in my ootd video from Las Vegas. Click here if you haven't seen  it yet or watch below:



Anyways, that was a few weeks ago. I tried recording this tutorial 2 times already, but misfortunes occurred both times, and so I finally achieved success on the 3rd try! It is a hairstyle that I do often because 1) I am in LOVE with side do's. 2) I'm obsessed with braids, any kind of braids! 3) It does not damage my hair as much.

Okay, so I know that it does cause damage since I have to use heat to achieve the curls. But, on days when I want to have curly hair yet I don't feel like damaging my entire head of hair, this style comes in handy because I only have to curl the top half and leave the bottom half natural ^___^

Alright, that was a lot of words, here are the pictures:

I went with a 5 strand weave. You can choose how ever many strands you desire. When I'm lazy or if I'm in a rush, I opt for the 4 strand weave because it is simpler. But, I prefer the 5 strand weave because it makes the weave stand out so much more. You can go with 6 strands, 7 strands, so on if you'd like =) but I'm satisfied with 5 strands. It is INCREDIBLY easy once you get the technique down and it's super cute. You can look both casual and classy with this hairstyle depending on how you style your outfits. That's it for now. It's just a sneak peak =) link to the video will be posted after I upload onto youtube!

BTW, my floral top is from Walmart. It's only $4!! What a great deal. It's so comfy too :D

Products used:
Tresemme heat tamer spray
1 inch straightening iron
Got 2 B Fat-tastic Instant Collagen spray
Loreal Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold hairspray
bobby pins
elastic band
hairtye
sectioning clip

xo Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews